Inspirational Saying

In the corner of my garden, Where the wildflowers grow,
I sit and I admire, How God has graced us so.

May 27, 2012

Refurbish a Antique Radio.

I have been so busy I have not had time to post so please forgive me. I started a booth in a flea market two months ago and it is keeping me busy. I just finished this today and thought it was time to get back on here and share it with you. I bought this antique radio some months ago to see what I could come up with to refurbish it. Here is the before and after photos. Hubby reinforced it, it was wobbly. He then removed the guts except for the face of the radio and key punches. I then just painted it black, tore out the old dry rotted material over the speaker hole and replaced that with a saltbox flag. I just cut the flag and glued it in place and screwed the panel back in place. I then painted the top and distressed it by sanding off spots here and ther to show the natural wood through the paint. The knobs were gone so I just screwed on wood drawer knobs. It is only for looks but hey, it turned out great.
christie




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Indiana, United States
I am 55 years old, a homemaker and a mother of two wonderful children. A daughter named Toby who is 36 and a son named Jesse who is 33. I am a Mammaw of four of the best grandbabies I could ever ask for. AJ age 8, Kylie age 7, Bradley age 6 and Gracie age 5. I have been happily married to my hubby Jim for 6 wonderful years. We are all happy and healthy, and we are all blessed. I was born a hillbilly but raised as a hoosier most of my life. I love bluegrass music and decorating our home with primitives. Come on in and sit a spell and enjoy a tour of our home. I hope you find something that will inspire the primitive decorator in you.

Followers