Inspirational Saying

In the corner of my garden, Where the wildflowers grow,
I sit and I admire, How God has graced us so.

Jul 19, 2011

Update on the damaged floors

Still waiting on the prices but here are a few update photos of how our vacation ended. It would have been cheaper to stay at home. Hit a deer and came home to flooded wood floors and carpet. Hmmmm. It went under some of the kitchen cabinets so now they have to be taken out. I just painted the cabinets black in April and repainted the living room two weeks ago, just before I left. Now with the large fans they brought in to dry the wood floor in the living room, I have to spring clean all over again, dirt everywhere. I hurt already and I have not even started.
christie

Well here it is July 26th and still nothing. Our insurance company assumed we would use a company they chose. NOT. Do not ever let someone like that chose anyone for you. I had a bank a few years ago chose a property inspector for me before I bought a foreclosed house. He gave me a paper stating everything passed inspection including the well, termites and septic system. I paid $120,000 for this house. When I went to move in guess what? The well was condemned due to the septic leaking into it, the septic was trashed and the health dept. would not let me replace it. OK. How do you live in a house with no water and no septic. I could not sue the inspector because in tiny fine print it was stated that not all statements are accurate. So guess what, no wonder the bank chose him. I filed bankruptcy and told them to stick the house where the sun don't shine and walked away. After that the resell of the house was $30,000. So I do not trust anyone recommended by banks, or insurance or anything of that type.
The check which I still do not know anything about, the damage amount, or anything, another reason not to trust them, no on seems to want to give us any info or documentation. Hmmmmmm. What are they hiding? Stay tuned.



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Indiana, United States
I am 55 years old, a homemaker and a mother of two wonderful children. A daughter named Toby who is 36 and a son named Jesse who is 33. I am a Mammaw of four of the best grandbabies I could ever ask for. AJ age 8, Kylie age 7, Bradley age 6 and Gracie age 5. I have been happily married to my hubby Jim for 6 wonderful years. We are all happy and healthy, and we are all blessed. I was born a hillbilly but raised as a hoosier most of my life. I love bluegrass music and decorating our home with primitives. Come on in and sit a spell and enjoy a tour of our home. I hope you find something that will inspire the primitive decorator in you.

Followers