Inspirational Saying

In the corner of my garden, Where the wildflowers grow,
I sit and I admire, How God has graced us so.

Jun 23, 2011

Updated My Living Room

Thank God for paint. I seem to not be satisfied with things for very long. I see something in a magazine and feel compelled to make my room look like it. Well, I was watching a sitcom on TV and saw a house that their living room was painted green from the chair rail down and that all the trim was too. My husband and I had just put up over the weekend chair railing around the living room and trimmed both windows out. Ever since we moved here 3 years ago, it just never felt finished because there was no trim on any of the windows or the sliding glass door.When we moved in I painted the living room beige. Natural, my burgundy furniture would go good with it, but it just seemed to me that there was just too much beige in there. Beige, floor, beige walls, beige ceiling. I needed a accent color.  I liked the green that was in my plaid curtains so I decided to use that and give the living room a makeover. After I painted the trim and chair rail, I thought that was enough. I took a photo and put it on Country Sampler for all the girls to see and that was when I realized it still didn't have enough color..... So I moved the furniture again, and painted below the chair railing the same green. Now, I think I have a balance of color in there. I just thought I would share with you the difference a can of paint can do to a room. As you can tell in the different photos, some look like a different green but it is all in the different flash of the bulb. They are all the same green.
christie

                           Old look, No Rail, No Trim

                                                  Chair Rail and Window Trim Painted



                                                                                                              
Chair Rail and Painted Door                                                                                  
                                                                                        New Look
New Look


3 comments:

  1. Great job Christie, what a difference! I admit I'm a burgandy and green girl, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I'm hooked on those colors!
    christie

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Indiana, United States
I am 55 years old, a homemaker and a mother of two wonderful children. A daughter named Toby who is 36 and a son named Jesse who is 33. I am a Mammaw of four of the best grandbabies I could ever ask for. AJ age 8, Kylie age 7, Bradley age 6 and Gracie age 5. I have been happily married to my hubby Jim for 6 wonderful years. We are all happy and healthy, and we are all blessed. I was born a hillbilly but raised as a hoosier most of my life. I love bluegrass music and decorating our home with primitives. Come on in and sit a spell and enjoy a tour of our home. I hope you find something that will inspire the primitive decorator in you.

Followers